Edit images in your CMS. Plugin made for Joomla and WordPress.
Many Content Management System doesn´t have image editing. And all users doesn´t have an image editing program, that´s why PHP Image Editor has been developed. It´s really simple to install as a plugin in Joomla, and it´s easy to add to your own Content Management System.
PHP Image Editor is developed as a Joomla and WordPress plugin
In Joomla after installing/activating the plugin, a new "Edit Image" link has appeared in the Media Manager. The "Edit Image" link has also appeared in the add image feature below the article text editor in backend and frontend editing.
Click on "Edit Image" below the images in the Joomla demos.
In WordPress after installing/activating the plugin. PHP Image Editor Pro will open when clicking the "Edit Image" button instead of the original image editor.
PHP Image Editor Pro has more features than the original image editor in WordPress.
Click on the "Edit Image" button below the image in the WordPress demo.
Features in all versions
Drag and drop in the lower right corner, right side or bottom side of the image. The menu alternative "Resize Image" must be selected.
Drag and drop to create a crop area on the image. The menu alternative "Crop Image" must be selected.
- Support for PNG, GIF and JPEG images.
- Image effects like grayscale and contrast.
Language support, possible to add your own language file.
(Already translated to: Arabic, Brazilian portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Latin american spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian (latin), Slovak, Spanish and Swedish)
You can use the language tool to create a language file or make corrections.
- Image rotating.
- Image transparency is kept. (not the WordPress lite version yet)
More features in PHP Image Editor Pro
Enter a text in the textfield. Then press update. The menu alternative "Text" must be selected.
Check "Rounded corners". The menu alternative "Effects" must be selected.
- Reset to original image. The original image is saved for two days.
- Save as a new image.
- Select quality for jpeg and png images.
- Handle cropping by entering numbers.
- Actions memory. Example: Add text to an image, then press "Save and Close". Edit the image again, then it´s still possible to move the text. (Actions are saved for two days)
- Flip image horisontal/vertical. (popular when converting a site from ltr to rtl)
- Border feature with color and size selection.
- Vignette effect with color selection.
- Opens in lightbox instead of a new browser window.
- It´s hosted at www.phpimageeditor.se so you will get updates automatic without changing anything on your site. (but sometimes an upgrade is required)
- It can be used in commercial projects. (But the lite version can´t be used in commercial projects, becuase it´s licensed with gpl)
Selection of image effects
- Normal image
- Rounded corners
- Grayscale effect
- Border effect
- Vignette effect
- Increased contrast
- Grayscale and vignette
- Flipped horisontal
- Vignette blue
- Vignette red
- Vignette green
- Vignette yellow
Some sites with the pro version
Requirements for all versions
- PHP 5 or higher.
Requirements for PHP Image Editor Lite and Lite Joomla
- PHP with GD 2.0.28 or higher installed.
- Please make sure that PHP is compiled with the bundled version of the GD library Then image rotating and effects will run much faster. But it isn´t a requirement. Check it by calling phpinfo(); and look for the word "bundled" near the GD section.